TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: 16.03.21
Leading the Product is organised by Brainmates Pty Ltd. In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Brainmates Pty Limited (ABN 67 110 344 271) and the service we provide at https://www.leadingtheproduct.com/ (“website”), the Service. Your contribution, access to and use of all information (“Content”) on this website are subject to these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time and your use of this website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We, therefore, recommend that you read these terms and conditions periodically.
Use of the Content
- In order to access the Content provided on this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these terms and conditions, and agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
- By accessing this website, you understand and acknowledge that we are not acting as your business coach or consultant of any kind solely by use of this website.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for your actions and hereby release us and any of our staff and employees or agents from any duty of care and liability for any of your actions or comments relied on or influenced by the Content of this website.
- You agree not to use this website or post content that is reasonably likely to: injure, defame, harass any third party to the website; or not be keeping with the standards of content for a website of this type including, but not limited to, pornographic, violent, racially inflammatory or sexual discriminatory in nature.
- Access to our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. Access also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s content including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all content on this website or from any of our events including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- You may link, share, or tag our website’s content without any alternation to the content and with proper acknowledgement or reference to us. Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents our role and our website(s). They must not embarrass us.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content, i.e. the source material must be clear, and acknowledgement of the Website clearly provided.
- You must comply with our request to take down or remove any link, share or tag to us when we request.
- You must not modify, copy, reproduce, frame, upload to a third party, transmit or distribute any material on this website or from any of our event except authorised by us in writing.
- You must not record any video or audio during the course of any of our events.
- We may take photographs or video footage of an event. These images and records remain our property and will not be sold to any third party.
- In the event that you do not want your photos/videos to be used by us or a third party, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to inform our personnel at the time photos/videos are being taken.
- You will release and forever discharge us from all claims that you may have or may have had arising from, or in connection with, any intellectual property rights of the materials, photographs, or video of any of our events.
- Presentations (including but not limited to the audio, video and slideshows) presented at Leading the Product conference or events are owned or licensed by Brainmates Pty Ltd. You must not copy, distribute, modify, transfer or in any way use all or part of the Content for commercial reasons or in any way infringe third party rights that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- We grant a revocable limited personal non-exclusive non-transferable non-commercial license to access and use this website and the Content on the website or from any of our event for personal viewing only.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- We strive to ensure that the information on events for registration is described as accurately as possible on our website. However, we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
- We endeavour to ensure that the event information listed on our website is current; however, we give no undertaking as to the availability of any event advertised on our website.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST unless otherwise marked.
- Each login may only be used by one User on a single device. A single login shared by multiple Users is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many Users as your Plan allows.
- Each ticket purchase includes private viewing rights only. Only one person may view the Event livestream in private. Public showing rights are not included with a ticket purchase. You may not purchase one ticket and allow multiple people to view the Event from the same ticket. To purchase Public Viewing rights, please contact us and inquire about our Watch Party license.
- To project the Event onto a television or projector screen where multiple people are watching the Event together, you must purchase a ticket for each person who views the Event or have a valid Watch party license.
- All Conference participation (voting in the product adventure challenge, participation in the live chat, access to the Zoom Breakout rooms, Speaker Q&A sesions, and/or any other participation features of an event requires a unique email address and login rights to the Event. Only one concurrent login per email address is allowed.
- Ticket Refunds: Refunds are issued for tickets purchased only when we cancel an event. The refund will be processed within 30 days of the announcement of the event cancellation. We do not refund ticket purchases for any other reason.
- Change of Tickets Assignments: If you purchased tickets for your team, you are responsible to issue them to the team members, who must login and register to claim them. You can remove and re-assign in-person tickets up until two weeks before the conference, where the ticket assignment becomes final. You can remove and re-assign digital tickets up the day before the event, where the ticket assignment becomes final.
- Change of Ticket Type: It is not possible to change an in-person ticket to a digital ticket or vice versa on our site. We do not promise to do so. You may contact support and request it, which we will evaluate on a case-by-case basis. Per the ticket refund policy above, we will not refund the difference if you request to move from a more expensive ticket to a less expensive ticket.
- No Shows: If you have purchased a ticket but do not attend the conference, you are still responsible for full registration payment. We will not issue a refund because you did not come.
- Changes to the conference: Although we try to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible, there may be events outside our control that may require us to change the speakers, the venue and/or the timing of the event. We reserve the right to take these actions.
- You acknowledge that Brainmates Pty Ltd is not liable to you for any fees, travel, accommodation, or other costs and expenses you may have incurred should we need to cancel or modify the conference.
- By supplying your contact information, you authorise us to contact you with further information from time to time.
- We undertake to take due care with this information; however, in providing us with such information, you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
Photography and Recording
- All Leading the Product free events and paid conferences are filmed and recorded. Many are also live-streamed to a digital audience. By purchasing a ticket or registering for a free event, and/or attending and participating in the event, you irrevocably authorise and grant Brainmates Pty Ltd the right to:a) Record you (picture and voice) for audio and visual production (the Recording)
b) Livestream the Recording to a digital audience;
c) Edit the Recording to other subsequent recordings and materials;
d) Use your name and likeness, voice or other information concerning you;
e) Place online the Recording, including its use in our products or to market our products.
- You release Brainmates Pty Ltd from any infringement or violation of personal rights whatsoever based on the use of the Recording;
- You acknowledge that Brainmates Pty Ltd owns and shall own all rights, title, and interest (including copyright) in the Recording.
- You understand you will receive no payment of any kind for this Recording.
- While under no obligation to do so, Brainmates Pty Ltd will consider reasonable requests regarding use of a particular Recording.
- Subscriptions to LTP Season Pass are annual. You may cancel at any time. That cancellation takes effect on your next renewal date.
- We do not refund annual subscriptions in whole or in partial.
- Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the Service again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in New South Wales, Australia, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.